If I’ve been blog-quiet for the last few weeks it is because I’ve been working on my NaNoWriMo 50,000 word manuscript to be written in the month of November. I finished the challenge at 50,103 words, but this is by no means the end. The manuscript has a way to go yet and the dreaded editing of course.
What have I learned over the last month? –
• That saying I haven’t got time to write isn’t true – I easily managed 1,700 words a day.
• That I am definitely happier writing longer pieces of work.
• A confirmation that characters can have minds of their own and lead your book into unexpected waters.
• That a theme is definitely emerging in my work which seems to point towards my genre being romantic suspense.
• That my hunger to be published is growing.
This is the third novel I have now completed at first draft stage and I am now determined to edit all three and send them out to prospective publishers.
Off to celebrate now with a cup of tea and a bar of chocolate. How do you like to celebrate your achievements?