- I was taken at gunpoint to an investigation room at a Saudi Arabian airport. I was there to work at a military hospital in Riyadh, but there were some visa discrepancies. Thankfully, they were sorted after half an hour and I was free to travel to my new home in Riyadh. (😳 Mx)
- When I was thirteen, I ran away from home to find Marc Bolan!
- I used to take ballet lessons when I was younger. (Me too! Mx)
- I have a phobia about spiders. I literally hyperventilate if I spot a big one – in fact any spider unless they’re tiny!
- I have a tattoo of my children’s names, Rose, Luke and Jack, on the inside of my right wrist.
About Angela Barton
Angela Barton was born in London and grew up in Nottingham. She is married with three grown up children and two spoilt spaniels she calls her ‘hairy daughters.’ Passionate about writing both contemporary and historical fiction, Angela has won and also been shortlisted for several writing competitions.
She reads avidly, makes book-related jewellery and loves a nice cup of tea. Having recently planted a field of lavender with her husband in south-west France, she is looking forward to spending more time writing in Charente and watching their lavender grow.
Angela is a member of the Romantic Novelists’ Association and Nottingham Writers’ Studio.
Angela writes for both Choc Lit and Ruby Fiction.
To keep in touch with Angela you can use the following links:
About Magnolia House
When you open up your home and your heart …
Rowan Forrester has it all – the happy marriage, the adorable dog, the good friends, the promising business and even the dream home after she and her husband Tom win a stunning but slightly dilapidated Georgian townhouse in London at auction.
But in the blink of an eye, Rowan’s picture-perfect life comes crashing down around her and she is faced with the prospect of having to start again.
To make ends meet she begins a search for housemates, and in doing so opens the door to new friends and new beginnings. But could she be opening the door to new heartbreak too.
Buying Link – Magnolia House: smarturl.it/fttfc2
About Arlette’s Story
One woman’s struggle to fight back against the enemy in order to protect the ones she loves.
When Arlette Blaise sees a German plane fly over the family farm in 1940, she’s comforted by the fact that the occupying forces are far away in the north of the country. Surely the war will not reach her family in the idyllic French countryside near to the small town of Oradour-sur-Glane?
But then Saul Epstein, a young Jewish man driven from his home by the Nazis, arrives at the farm and Arlette begins to realise that her peaceful existence might be gone for good …
Buying Link –Arlette’s Story: amzn.to/2lAyIlb
Thank you for joining me this week Angela and for sharing your secrets.