My blog has been awarded a friendly blog award by Catherine Miller. Thank you Catherine.
In keeping with the award I must tell you seven things about me and recommend fifteen other blogs. So here goes:-
1) I met my husband on the internet! Married nine years next January.
2) Once starred as the Artful Dodger in the school play.
3) My first car was a Mini City nicknamed “Beep Beep”.
4) I have a Black Country accent and am proud of it.
5) I love watching Grand Prix. Favourite drivers are Jensen Button, Lewis Hamilton and Mark Webber.
6) My favourite bird is a goldfinch.
7) Suffer from “Stationary Acquisition Disorder” – pens and notebooks.
I recommend and pass the award onto the following fifteen blogs. It was difficult to choose, but these are some of my favourite reads. Please check them out, all are worth following.
Fat Girls and Fairy Cakes
Not Quite a Blonde
Sarah’s Book Reviews
Sue Moorcroft Writes
The Wittering Woman
The Writer’s Toolkit Blog
I went to a superb talk/writers’ panel at Kidderminster Library on Monday evening – Elizabeth Chadwick (Lady of the English, To Defy a King), Jane Sanderson (Netherwood) and Barbara Ewing (The Fraud, The Circus of Ghosts). Some useful tips emerged:-
1. Write to entertain.
2. If you write historicals try to include a real minor character.
3. Again for historicals, ask yourself – “Is it possible?” “Is it likely?”
4. Don’t feel you have to include all of your research. “As you know Bob” moments make books boring.
5. Try writing in ten minute bursts with thinking time between.
I came back full of writing ideas so I’d better get back to it. what has inspired you lately?